Delores B. Phillips
James Madison University
1. I am committed to expanding access to the conference by further refining our capacity for hybrid attendance while retaining the face-to-face elements that make our conference unique.
2. I want to keep working with IDEA and our policy committee to develop additional tools to keep our conference safe.
3. With my leadership of the AAAD Center at JMU, I hope to bring additional international connections in the Global South to network the conference with African scholars and their scholarship.
I've been a longtime member and an enthusiastic supporter of the CSA and it's been a privilege to watch its growth. What I appreciate most about CSA is the opportunity to get our hands into the real, material work of building our intellectual community and I would like to keep doing that.
Appalachian State University
1. To support more alternative and public facing scholarly projects through Lateral as well as other organizational structures within the CSA
2. To strengthen, support, and sustain ongoing collaborative communities amongst CSA members through Working Groups and/or other ad hoc/tactical interest groups that will encourage members to collectively engage in CSA-related activity (be that academic, activist, or somewhere in between) between conferences and throughout the year.
3. To improve short-term and long-term planning for the CSA annual conference, including multi-year scheduling for conference location, an earlier and more predictable schedule for the release of CFP and submission deadline, and more regular communication amongst the membership on conference-related deadlines and events.
I have been nominated for both an executive committee and governing board position, and my "platform" is the same for either position. I am happy to serve in whatever capacity I can to help accomplish these goals.